Many of you ask about ways to protect and boost your immune system during cold/flu season. Here are some of our favorite items for boosting the immune system and fighting viral infections.
When considering what to take to keep your immune system strong and able to fight infectious pathogens, we often suggest the following
- Zinc – an important vitamin for healthy immune function.
- Echinacea – this is a widely studied and well known herb used to enhance the body’s immune system. There are several forms – tincture, capsule, or homeopathic.
- Liver support – we recommend a homeopathic such as Hepatic-Tone to enhance the liver’s ability to get rid of toxins. This is especially important when the immune system is fighting an infection.
- Lymphatic drainage – supporting your body with a gentle homeopathic for the lymphatic system can be another way to get better more quickly. Many of us don’t think about our lymph glands until they get swollen as a sign of an immune response to infection.
- Essential oils – oregano oil or Thieves blend by Young Living can be very beneficial to the respiratory system. We have a protocol for taking these internally, and have seen them do wonders.
- Homeoapthic and supplements designed for viral infections
Get in touch with us and we can put together a custom protocol just for you!